Body corporate and commercial compliance and maintenance
Fully Wired Electrical Services are the experts in electrical safety compliance for Body Corporate and Commercial premises across Brisbane since 2008. We have an in-depth understanding of what is required and the technical knowledge to act on the behalf of you and building owners.
The Australian Standards require all communal property to have regular testing and inspections to ensure electrical compliance. As specialists in this field, we understand the importance of completing the works in a timely manner and communicating back the results and findings. You can rely on us to act professionally with onsite clients, so you don’t have to. As a result, you and your Body Corporates will have peace of mind that the responsibilities are met, and the occupants have a safer electrical environment.
Your Strata Compliance Specialists
At Fully Wired, we provide the following Electrical Compliance Services:
- Emergency Lighting
- Communal Smoke Alarm Test
- Switchboard Inspections
- Communal Safety Switch Test
- Communal Lighting maintenance and Seasonal Timer Adjustment
- Test and Tag
- Thermal Imaging Services
Safety switches must be tested in accordance with AS/NZ 3760:2010, which specifies that inspection and test must be completed every 6mths (push button) and 2 years (operating time test) for residential buildings, including common areas of a unit complex. For commercial buildings, the operating time test should be completed every 12 months.
The Australian Standard (AS 3019 -2007) refers to the periodic verification for electrical services within common areas to be completed. Currently there is no legislation enforcing a switchboard inspection to be done, however it is a strong recommendation that all Body Corporates get them done regularly as a form of best practice. As switchboards are a critical piece of infrastructure for the supply of power to a building, our expert advice is to complete an inspection by a qualified electrician at least every 2 years.
- Duty of care of the asset as well as the residents and visitors
- Understand the current capacity – most older building switchboards are no longer compliant with today’s standard and can be a danger due to the common day load occupants may put on the board
- Identify potential problems before they become costly
These lights are important to the people who live or work in the building as they provide guidance to exits in the event of a power outage, fire or other emergency. Our qualified compliance electrician will complete the following:
- Check fitting for 240v mains supply
90min visual and mechanical test and report
- Check that the battery charger operation indicator is functioning correctly
- Insure all existing luminaries are on standby mode.
- Replace all lamps annually or as required
- Record all test results in
- Emergency Light Test Log Book and place a copy in services box
- Provide Body Corporate or building Manager with results of test and provide quotation for any failed fittings to be replaced.
Ensuring the communal lighting fulfils the duty of care to the residents as it provides extra safety at night. It also provides higher security to the residents and deters potential threats.
Our electrician will visit the site and complete the following:
- Check all communal lighting is working and change light bulbs as required
- Clean all diffuser shades as required
- Report on which lights were attended to and any additional findings or actions
- Provide free quotes for replacement of damaged fittings to the Owner or Body Corporate Manager
By utilising infrared technology we are able to see what can’t be seen with the naked eye. Specifically, our cameras detect temperature anomalies that are often referred to as “hot spots” in the electrical system. These “hot spots” can become electrical faults, which once identified, can be rectified before imminent or future breakdowns and/or catastrophic failures occur.
We do the full range of elec-trical & lighting services across Brisbane
Select a service that you're interested inView all services