Why are safety switches so important? Safety switches protect you from electric shock which could lead to injury or in some cases death. If there is a fault identified the safety switch will turn off the electricity within milliseconds when a current leak is detected.

 Common causes

The most common causes of a safety switch tripping are faulty electrical appliances, damaged or poor wiring, and/or faulty switches (safety switch or circuit breakers) etc.

 How are safety switches helpful? 

Safety switches are extremely helpful whether you are home or not. The safety switch will detect a fault and immediately switch off the power supply which will protect you from the fault escalating – for example – if the fault was not detected it could cause an electrical related fire or cause electric shock to someone in your household.

Your switchboard is a critical piece of infrastructure.  With regular inspections this can mitigate any risk of safety switch issues or dangerous situations.