Your switchboard upgrade specialists since 2012. From small unit block upgrades to multi-Highrise office block and apartments building upgrades, we can do it all. Our extensive experience takes all the hassle out of the project for you. This includes liaising with body corporate and building managers, unit owners and tenants, sub-contractors and Energex to ensure your project is run as efficiently as possible.
Switchboards are the central hub of all power – is your switchboard to standard?
Fully Wired Electrical can help with all your electrical switchboard upgrades and inspections. A switchboard is where all the electrical breakers are housed. The main supply from Energex is received in the switchboard, and is then distributed by the various circuits. The switchboard electrical integrity is therefore key to ensuring no issues or safety concerns occur to the property, home, business.
Switchboard Overloading: A switchboard can be overloaded when it is drawing too much power from the mains power for the switchboard to handle. This can be due to many circuits being installed
Reasons for why a switchboard needs an upgrade:
- The switchboard is beginning to fall apart, becoming a hazard whereby circuits become loose.
- When the switchboard is mounted on uncompliant materials. This includes asbestos panels or chipboard.
- Ceramic fuses or old breaker (more than 15years old) are still being used. These often begin to stick or crack and do not work as intended.
- Switchboards installed older than 2000 were not required by legislation to have safety switches installed. Safety switches should be installed on lighting and power circuits to ensure protection of the property.
- Extensions or additions of your home or business where the switchboard load needs to increased, may result in the switchboard becoming overloaded if it is not upgraded. Modern living means that there are a lot more appliances which required more electricity from the switchboard.
- To reduce the risk of electrical fires as the switchboard will have been upgraded to the current safety standards, which include the required safety switches and circuit protection.
Check out some of our completed switchboard upgrades below
Project name: Ballymore Towers
Number of units: 48
Cost of upgrade: $80,000
Project name: Parkhurst Court
Number of units: 8
Cost of upgrade: $11,000
Fully Wired Electrical Services is a proud member of the SCA
We have been focused on electrical safety and maintenance since 2008, and can assist in any body corporate electrical installation, maintenance or compliance.