Challenge: Two of the tenants in the complex at Clayfield required air-conditioning in their units. The existing Body Corporate switchboard was at capacity and could no longer fit any more circuits. In addition to this, the switchboard was using old ceramic fuses, was made of asbestos and was very much outdated.
Solution: Due to the age of the switchboard a decision was made to upgrade it. A new metal weatherproof enclosure was installed and all fuses were upgraded to circuit breakers and if required, had safety switches installed to bring the new switchboard up to current standards.
Result: There is sufficient capacity for extra circuits in the switchboard for each tenancy and the overall electrical installation is much safer as it is compliant with the Australian Standards. Several buildings located in Clayfield, Nundah, Albion and surrounding areas are of similar age and have also required updating for safety reasons.