Communal Lighting and Seasonal Timer Adjustment – Let light guide the way for all residents and visitors.
Legislation – If there is common lighting at your Body Corporate common areas, then you need to consider these recommendations.
Currently there is no legislation, however communal lighting is important to have working at all times as residents and visitors use the lights to easily and safely find their way around the building. For insurance reasons, it is advisable that all communal lighting is in working order at all time and that there is adequate lighting.
Why is Communal Lighting and Timer maintenance important?
- Cost savings, as the communal lights are only on when they need to be
- Safety of residents and visitors to the building so they can see steps, obstructions, walkways etc, reducing the chance of any incidents
- Higher security of residents and deters potential threats
- Pride in building as the lighting fittings and appearance of building is clean, bright and welcoming
What our service includes:
- Check all communal lighting, and change light bulbs* as required
- Clean all diffuser shades as required
- Report on which lights were attended to and any additional findings or actions
*lamps to be charged between $6 to $15 +GST depending on type
- Change the timer settings seasonally (winter and summer) to adjust for dawn and dusk
Free quotes for replacement of damaged fittings